Wednesday, March 4, 2009

TEST..TEST..TEST...TEST

Hello again,
Sorry there are now more pictures yet, it is evening making me think this blog is lame, but I just never get around to it. Next time I promise I will get some pics up. Anyway I am finally learning how to study. It is now week two and Friday I have test two, I am starting to pick up on a pattern here. Every week there is a test on information that came from a book about the size of the QBP accessories catalog. To clarify that is a new book that size each week. I couldn't be more excited though because lil miss Kim is arriving Thur night for a weekend stay.

Riding....well I haven't done a whole lot yet, I have tried and mentioned that routes and roouds...make that roads, suck around here. So I went and stopped at a couple local bike shops downtown OKC to see what the scene was like.
First shop, Holy Shit!!! They stocked everything from a kids trike to a size run of the high-end Cannondale Slice. There were orbea and cervelo frames/completes hanging everywhere. a rack of full carbon TTbars (Zipp,Pro,Profile etc..) Blackwell Wheel sets, full run of MAVIC,SHIMANO,and ZIPP wheel sets...needless to say it was ridiculous. The shop was cool and they have been around forever but to be honest I was more impressed with the second shop I went too and here is why.
The second shop was smaller but well layed-out. They didn't carry the array of high caliber equipment but the important thing was the employees. They new there shit, were totally cool with helping me find routes and find out about the riding/racing scene, and couldn't have been more inviting. Plus they offered me a part time job and I didn't even say shit. People know it when they see it. Anyway, the point being maybe it is because I have worked in a shop for some time now or maybe not but I just hope the average consumer could see the difference between the two. The service they would get at the second shop would far exceed the quality of help they would get at the first. The funny thing was that it was fairly new, 2 years, hmmmm seems like some other shop I know of. (Insert Shameless plug here) Revolution Cycle and Ski

Thats all for now
Gooday

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah made me think of Rods too